Monday, May 6, 2013

VisDare 18: Inspect

So i've skipped a few weeks of VisDare...not really from choice as much as being blocked. But i'm back this week with a new installment, and once again i'm continuing the previous story following Alan and Kimberly. So yeah, this is the fifth installment. :) (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) There are links to all the previous entries. Coming soon in the next couple weeks I will put up a master post so less clicking...I just didn't have time to do it this week. So here goes!

 

(As always, click the image to go to Anonymous Legacy and view all the other wonderful entries into Angela's prompt!)


The two of them leaned with their backs to the railing watching a young father with his kid down the dock with a fresh catch.  Alan turned looking at her hazel eyes and quickly forced a smile before looking out at the water.  The fog had started to burn away and with it the dark water.

“Most guys come into the bar with clear intentions; it’s a game to them.  They stalk the bar, looking for a desirable prey.”  She placed her hand on his, “How long has it been?”

 “Three months.”  Alan paused.  “If I told you I made mistakes, I’m where I’m at by my own faults?”

Kimberly replied.  “We’ve all made mistakes.  What’s important is I can see it, even now you’re thinking of her.”

“For the only time in my life, it made sense.  Everything in my life made sense.  And now she is gone.”



3 comments:

  1. This is a great continuation of your other stories. Alan and Kimberly are really growing as characters and I want to read more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can hardly tell that you've passed on the last couple weeks -- if flows on so seamlessly, with the nod to the photo as a vignette in the background, a skewed echo of the "preying" in the conversation. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if anyone would catch that (the "preying"). And thank you

      Delete